Sample Email - Students Announcement
We envision this email being sent from the PB administrator to all participating students
I'm excited to announce that an existing new program to make [SCHOOL NAME] a bit more awesome. How? REAL MONEY.
Our PB Program will give [$X.XX] to all students of [SCHOOL NAME] to use to improve the school. The process is known as Participatory Budgeting (PB). It works like this:
- Discover: You will start by creating an account using your school email at https://app.firstroot.co/#/signup. Once your account is created you will join the PB program for our school using this join code: [INSERT PB CYCLE JOIN CODE HERE].
- Dream: All students will use the FirstRoot app to create proposals on how to make [SCHOOL NAME] a better school.
- Design: Students will use design thinking to develop their proposals.
- Decide: Student leaders in my class will review the proposals and add to the ballot those proposals that are feasible based on cost and scope. ALL [SCHOOL NAME] students will participate in a voting process, voting on the proposals they like the most.
- Do: The winning proposals are funded and moved into an implementation stage. The details of implementation depend on the proposal. For example, if a proposal consists of simply getting supplies for the school, we'll just buy the supplies. More complex proposals will involve other people.
Here are some tips:
- Think of ways in which you can make [SCHOOL NAME] better. Submit these proposals through the FirstRoot app.
- Remember that proposals that benefit the greatest number of students and fit within the budget are most likely to be submitted for voting.
- Use design thinking to create proposal ideas.
Email FirstRoot at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you experience any problems or if you have any ideas on how to make the app better.
Keep in mind: this is your money. We look forward to seeing how you invest it to make your school a better place!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Sample Email - Senior Gift Announcement
We envision this email being sent from the PB administrator to all participating students Dear [SCHOOL NAME] Seniors - Traditionally, the Senior class has left behind a legacy at [SCHOOL NAME] known as a Senior Gift when they graduate. Senior Gifts ...
Sample Email - School Staff Announcement
We envision this email being sent from the Principal to the School Staff Dear [SCHOOL NAME] Staff, I'm excited to announce that we are going to be implementing a novel, project-based learning approach to promoting financial literacy, school, and ...
Sample Email - COPPA Compliance Form
We envision this email being sent from the Principal or PB Administrator to parents/guardians Dear [X GRADE] Parents/Guardians: We are writing to let you know about an exciting new project that our [X GRADE] class is participating in. It’s called ...
PB Cycle Roadmap
The purpose of this roadmap template is to help manage the implementation of Participatory Budgeting programs and create a repeatable process for implementing PB. ? Planning | ? FirstRoot App | ? Meeting | ? Email School Planning ...